General Hunt Information
The simulcast of
Puzzlehunt Number 14 will run alongside the Seattle version:
10:00 AM on Saturday, September 10 to 5:00 PM on Sunday, September 11.
We will send email to registered teams with the following information:
- Your team name (just for confirmation)
- Your team password
- The website URL for the hunt
If you don't get this email by 9:00am on Saturday, contact us! The website is where you will receive puzzles, enter solutions, and generally play the hunt. It should be self-explanatory for the most part. If you find things confusing or broken, check the list of known bugs and problems, and then contact us.
You will know the hunt has begun when you can access the site, log in, and get puzzles. If you can't manage that by 10:15am or so, talk to us.
Hints, Help and Confirmation
During the hunt, mail this address for help: email@example.com
If you want a hint, you must say so. (Use phrasing like "We need a hint", and clearly identify which puzzle you need help with.) If we do give you a hint, it will be recorded. Otherwise, feel free to send requests for data confirmation, or make general hunt inquiries; these won't count as hints.
If all else fails, you can call the following numbers:
- 650-253-8408 (GC HQ)
- 212-365-4522 (Dan)
- 650-215-0931 (Doug)
- 650-387-9575 (Dale)
Please DO NOT CALL US unless things are seriously broken. (But if they are, please do call!)
Things You Need
Hopefully by now you've got everything...
- Computers with Internet access.
- At least one computer able to run the Microsoft Silverlight plugin.
- A projector or large screen (that everyone can see) is helpful.
- A color printer, and ample printer paper.
- Office supplies: Paper, pencils, scissors, tape, etc.
- Some yarn, ideally in a variety of pretty colors.
- A generous quantity of wooden coffee stirrers.
- A copy of the board game Ticket to Ride (the original, American edition).
- A duck, live or otherwise, or an object which can stand for a duck.
Remember, teams are limited to 12 solvers. While you can use all the Internet resources you like, you may not "phone a friend" (unless the friend is one of the 12).
If you get a message telling you to go somewhere, check with us first. (Especially if the somewhere is in Seattle!)
Good luck and have fun!
(There are no clues on this page.)